Request for Qualifications
Gateway Domestic Violence Services issues this Request for Qualifications for Architectural Services to partner on the design and creation of an Emergency Shelter and a Transitional Shelter for Domestic Violence Victims/Survivors located in Aurora, Colorado being developed by Gateway Domestic Violence Services.
Gateway Domestic Violence Services (Gateway) is requesting proposals from qualified Architect Firms for professional services for a proposed Emergency Shelter and Transitional Shelter to be located at a confidential location in Aurora.
Gateway is in the process of securing land to build either 2 separate shelters in close proximity to each other or one building to serve the purpose of both shelters. The plans are to build each non-congregate shelter with 16-18 bedrooms, and space for wrap around services, offices, and amenities in each.
The intent of this proposal is to work with the Development Team under the lead of Gateway Executive Director, Karmen Carter, and BeauxSimone Consulting, a national supportive housing and community development firm, serving as the owner’s representative.
No written proposals are requested at this time; rather, Gateway will be hosting 90-minute interviews with interested Architect Firm with expertise in the design and implementation of trauma informed shelters, transitional and affordable housing buildings. Presentation criteria includes the following:
- General overview of your firm
- Overview of similar projects you’ve worked on
- Nonprofit expertise
- What can you bring to our efforts beyond your architecture expertise?
- Nonprofit pricing
- Site selection assistance
- Funding connections
- Trauma informed design expertise
- Other unique benefits your firm may offer
- Advice on new build vs. reuse options
- Advice/guidance/insights on early planning and budget
- High level budget ranges for first few design stages
- Process for determining project budget/capital campaign needs
Interest in being considered for these services must be submitted to Gateway Domestic Violence Services by July 20, 2023.
Please email Karmen Carter, Executive Director, at email@example.com with a short description of your firm stating you are interested in being considered for an in-person presentation.