Who We Are
Rebuilding lives with compassionate services and safe shelter.
Gateway Domestic Violence Services is the only agency specifically serving victims of domestic violence in the City of Aurora and Arapahoe County. Since 1979 Gateway (formerly known as Gateway Battered Women’s Shelter, Inc.) has steadfastly provided strategic direction and skilled leadership toward our mission of preventing and eliminating intimate partner violence through 24/7 crisis line, emergency and extended day shelter, counseling, court advocacy, and empowering people for social change. We serve all women, men, non-binary and LGBTQ+ people and approximately 25% of people we serve are dependent children.
In addition, our Bailey Project provides emergency shelter for family pets, helping to overcome a major challenge for individuals seeking safety from domestic violence.
Who We Serve
Our service area includes the City of Aurora, Arapahoe County, Adams County, and Douglas County.
Prevent and eliminate intimate partner violence through counseling, residential care and empowering people for social change.
- To provide quality services in a safe and confidential environment for all adults and children who are victims of domestic violence;
- To promote community awareness through training, education, and networking in order to achieve the community’s involvement and support on issues of domestic violence;
- To empower adults and children in developing violence-free lives through crisis intervention, advocacy, and support services;
- To promote accessibility to all adults and children who are victims of domestic violence through outreach to traditionally silenced groups;
- To affect social change by evaluating and challenging attitudes and policies that promote violence against intimate partners and their children; and
- To effectively utilize volunteer services in all levels of the organization
Gateway Domestic Violence Services is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit. Our Federal Tax ID # is 84-0815774.