Thank you for supporting Gateway on Colorado Gives Day 2013
Thank you for your support. Your donation made a huge difference for the battered women, children and pets that Gateway serves.
May 17th and 18th, 2014.
It's time to register to RUN for
Gateway in the 2014 Colfax Marathon!
Go to http://www.runcolfax.org and register today.
Gateway is proud to launch their "Ticket to Ride" campaign. You can purchase 10-ride ticket books at the RTD station and at your local King Soopers. The cost of the ticket books are as follows:
Local Regular: $20.00 per book with a $22.50 face value
Discount Regular: $10.00 per book with a $11.00 face value
Gateway has joined facebook, friend us, read interesting discussion threads and get the latest news about Gateway!
Gateway Battered Women's Services Seeks Volunteers
Gateway Battered Women's Services is seeking volunteers for its next training session in February 2014.
The 26-hour training course provides a comprehensive overview of battering dynamics and causal factors related to domestic violence. Volunteers are prepared to assist Gateway staff members in such areas as crisis line management, children's services, legal advocacy, community education, and other shelter services.
Gateway provides services to women and children who are victims of domestic violence who reside in the city of Aurora and Arapahoe County.
Bi-lingual skills welcome. For an application and additional information please call Jeneen Klippel on (303) 343-1856 or email at
Dear Friend in the Fight Against Violence:
Gateway is pleased to announce its 4th Annual “100 Hearts of Hope”campaign. The campaign is simple – the goal is to identify 100 donors who will generously give $1000 to Gateway.
These donations can be from an individual, business, civic organization,church, club, or any group of caring people that want to pool resources and join us in this much-needed and important endeavor. Gateway has heard many times that our donors want to maximize their contributions to be the most effective in helping women and children who suffer from domestic violence in our community. In that regard, 100% of the dollars raised will go towards operations as no event expenses will be incurred. And, donors will receive a tax deduction for 100% of their contribution.
The campaign begins TODAY and we hope to reach our goal of $100,000 by October – which is also “National Domestic Violence Awareness Month.” Let’s start now, there is no time to spare. Everyone deserves to be safe in their home.
Please call 303-343-1856 for more information on becoming a Heart of Hope.
HOPE = CHANGE
Make a difference and give hope today.
Your generous gift as one of our “100 Hearts of Hope” could save a life.
- $1000 provides safe housing and comprehensive counseling for a client for 12 days.
- $1000 provides 3 meals a day for 15 days for 40 residents.
- $1000 provides 20 group counseling sessions for children affected by domestic violence.
- $1000 supports 300 calls on the Crisis Line.
Donations taken by phone
"If you find it in your heart to care for someone else you will have succeeded”
- Maya Angelou
The Staff and Board of Directors of Gateway Battered Women’s Services
- 651 women and children were provided 10,091 nights of housing and associated services including counseling.
- 520 women and children received individual and group counseling through our Nonresidential Program.
- 9,801 services were delivered through the 24-hour Crisis Line Program.
- 2,087 victims were provided advocacy through our Court Advocacy Program.
- 104 educational presentations were given to various corporations, businesses, churches, civic groups and schools.
- 110 nights of canine shelter were provided.